Wednesday, February 11, 2009

long time

I haven't posted for a while. So, obviously I'm not pregnant.  I was a little disappointed because when I had my doctors appt on the Jan 22, I showed her my chart and she acted like there was a good possibility I could be pregnant and go me all excited because she was acting excited about it. And it also makes me worry a little about why I didn't get pregnant. Makes me worry somethings wrong. But, I know the chances were low with the timing, but I'm a worrier. On the other hand, it's better that I'm not pregnant now because we have some planned vacations and would like to save some more money before kids.
My other worry is that my luteal phase is short. I've always started spotting four days before my actual period, which was nice because it gave me a warning, but now that I'm charting and can see when this happens, I'm worried because it starts on the 10th day after ovulation. And you usually need 14 days in the phase to allow a fertilized egg to implant. I'm hoping that if this is a real problem, it could just be fixed by taking extra progesterone during that time.
So, now I haven't ovulated again, and I should have two days ago and I don't see any sign of it happening soon. I'm not too terribly worried though. We have been going out for ice cream lately with the nice weather. So, I'm thinking I've been having extra insulin on board. I'm not working as hard on my diabetic diet right now because I definitely don't want to get pregnant now through May because I don't want a Nov- Feb baby. So, I'm pretty confident that when I lay off the sugar hard core again, I will ovulate. Hopefully. 
I'm going to keep charting and I have another appt with my doctor in June to look at my charts and see what I need to do to get pregnant and stay pregnant. Hopefully we will have a baby sometime between March and October of next year. That's the goal.
My doctor decided not to run any tests because I had ovulated on my own with diet changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment