Friday, December 4, 2009

Heartbeat


we had our first sono today and were able to see the heart beating right away. Tears came to my eyes and I was so so happy and relieved to see that a real person was forming in there. I always imagined that moment but didn't know if I would ever get to experience it. It was tiny and hard to make out any parts at all, but all I cared about was that little heart. It was beating at 130 bpm which is great! Then, I had my doc appt and she said everything looked good, and that with my age combined with the heartbeat, my chance of miscarriage dropped down to 5%. This made me feel soooooooo good. What a relief. I feel like I can relax and enjoy it a little more now. It measured at 6 weeks 3 days and I thought I was 6 weeks 5 days, so my due date got moved to July 27. I also learned that my uterus tips backward towards my spine instead of forward toward my belly. She said this won't cause any problems because everyones' uterus lifts way up straight by the 2nd trimester anyway. The only thing is that it may take a little longer to hear the heartbeat on a doppler. And we will try that at my next appointment when I'll be 11 weeks. This is all very amazing and I thank God everyday for this blessing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Tiffany! This is fantastic. Thank God for answered prayers. I will continue to keep you close in my prayers for peace, reasurrance, and comfort as you begin one of the biggest thrill rides of your life. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you!! I am sure a big weight was taken off your shoulders when you saw that heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete