Tuesday, March 9, 2010

perfect baby

at my last OB appointment my doctor had reviewed my ultrasound and said everything looked exactly as it should. Normal. I think I totally get on my doctors nerves because I had a list of questions I had wanted to ask her about the ultrasound specific to each organ and/or birth defect I could think of. I wanted her to rule out each one individually. I wanted to hear that she has no spina bifida, no diaphragmaic hernia, no heart defect (and I wanted to hear every single heart defect) and so on. Just about 3 questions into my list, my doctor interrupted me and said "like I said, everything was normal, your baby is fine." ugh, fine, I'll stop asking questions jeez. She did say that 10% of heart defects can't be seen on ultrasound and can't be found until birth. Which I already knew, so you better believe I will be taking my stethescope to the hospital with me to listen for a heart murmer! I do know for sure that she doesn't have hypoplastic left heart, so that's a relief.
Also, my AFP came back as very low risk. She said my age already put me in a low risk category, and then the AFP made it even lower. Down to a 1 in 10,000 chance of having a neural tube defect or downs syndrome. What a relief.
So, as far as we know, based on what we can tell through tests alone...she is PERFECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment