Monday, January 12, 2009

confusion, torture, excitement and relief

This is a much needed update. So, I went to the doctor and had labs drawn and it wasn't what I expected. Instead of drawing estrogen and testosterone like I thought, my doctor ordered prolactin and thyroid stimulating hormone. I already know my TSH is okay because I already had it checked, and I'm not really sure why she would check the prolactin (this is what produces milk for breastfeeding). I asked the nurse about it, but she said I will need to talk to the doctor at my appt on the 23rd.  So, I'm a little frustrated and confused about this and anxious to hear her reasoning.
On a side note- it was torture sitting in the waiting room surrounded by four pregnant women and their husbands. I started to tear up just sitting there for fear that I would never get to be them. 
THEN- later that same day, I talked to Erik about it some more and he agreed to start trying in JUNE! I'm  very excited about this. This will hopefully result in a spring baby, if everything goes as planned. This is such a relief for me, so I don't have to spend the next two years worrying about my ability to get pregnant. We can start doing the investigating now, so that hopefully by the time June gets here, all the kinks will be worked out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment