Tuesday, March 6, 2012

elective ultrasound

I want to find out what these babies are before the 19 week anatomy scan for two reasons. 1. I'm impatient and am so excited to know and 2. I really like separating the two scans because the anatomy scan is so serious and it makes me nervous because if something is going to be wrong, that's the day we will find it. I want an US that is just fun and all about finding out the gender. Totally worry free.
The elective place does gender US at 16 weeks which will be right before Easter for me and I thought this would be perfect because I could announce on Easter. This is great because I was supposed to announce on Halloween with Brynn but that got ruined and she was supposed to be induced two days after Easter. When I lost her, I thought about how hard Easter would be this year, but finding out and announcing the genders would just make it so much better.
The problem is, I can't make myself call the elective place. I looked up their website and there is a picture of the US room where we got our devastating news about Brynn. That room is like a nightmare for me. I'm a little nervous to go back there. I have this worry that if I go to have an US there that I will be killing my babies. Like, it's the place of death or something. Like that is the reason Brynn died.. because I went there. After I lost her I just kept irrationally playing the US in my mind and thinking that if we could go back to that room, we could rewrite the story. It was a strange feeling. Because the only experience I have in that room is an experience of seeing no heartbeat, I fear that that's all I will ever see if I go back there. But I know this is crazy and it's the only place that does elective gender predictions at 16 weeks around here.
I tried to dial their number, got three numbers punched in on my phone and had to hang up. I couldn't do it.
I have an US at my OB at 15 weeks. Most say you can't 100% determine gender until 16, but it's sooo close so I'm hoping they can just tell me so I don't have to go to the elective one at 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment