Monday, June 7, 2010

taking it easy vs being productive

I have a long list of things I want to get done before this baby gets here. Some of them are things I can do like touch up the trim paint around the house, organize the massive pile of cords under the computer desk, clean out the fridge etc... but most of the "to do's" are things that I really need the husband for because I am pretty much useless these days. We need to replace some bricks on the house, I want to build a stone fire-pit in the backyard, put mulch around the flowers, clean out the garage etc... but the problem is, he only has so much time in a day. The poor guy works all week and only gets the weekends off. This seems normal to most people I guess, but for a gal who gets 4-5 days off each week, it seems like a lot to me. So, I feel guilty asking him to do any of these projects, but I really shouldn't be doing them either. My pelvis and back already kill me, my feet are swollen, I wake up every 1-2 hours a night to either pee or vomit in my mouth from reflux and I can't find a comfortable position anyway, so I'm pretty exhausted all the time. I get short of breath just standing up. I've changed my schedule at work so I never work two days in a row (what a relief!) Plus I'm starving all the time because of this stupid diabetic diet, which doesn't help my energy level.
Plus, husband has taken on tasks I would normally do like carry laundry up and down the stairs, so he has more on his plate just helping me out with daily things, and he doesn't get a lot of time to just chill or have fun.
So, I guess what I've come to realize is that it's okay if everything doesn't get done before she arrives in 6-7 weeks. Time is running out and energy levels are running low. Her room is done, and we've got pretty much everything she needs, so if the trim in the house is a little chipped, I guess it's not a big deal. I don't want us to be exhausted and stressed these last few weeks because I know we'll have plenty of that after she's here.
On that note, I think I'll go lay down now.

No comments:

Post a Comment