Tuesday, May 1, 2012

chiropractor

So despite my skepticism and nerves, I took everyone's advice and went to see a chiro that my OB preferred and recommended for prenatal adjustment. I was a little nervous she would snap my neck like you see in movies, but it was nothing like that. She was very gentle and careful of my precious belly. It actually felt really nice to have her adjust my neck and back! After the first adjustment my sciatic pain was GONE!!! I have been able to lay back to sleep ever since. THANK GOD!
But the horrible pelvic/pubic/ groin pain I have when I walk just won't end. I had two more visits with her to try and help this but no such luck. At the last adjustment, she had her husband and coworker come do my lower back because he's stronger and he was able to get more movement of the bones than her which is what we needed but after that I cramped on and off all day and I got totally paranoid about it so I decided I'm not going to go back unless the sciatic pain comes back. I can live with the pelvic pain. It's very agonizing but I just try to rest and wear my support belt as much as possible. The fact that I can sleep again is what's most important.
I did get a pretty sweet ice pack from their office that I use to ice my groin area whenever I get a chance bc she said this will help with inflammation.
Overall, it was def worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment