Tuesday, July 3, 2012

L&D 5

yesterday afternoon I lost a bunch of nasty bloody mucus plug so I called my OB just to let her know what was happening and she decided I should go back to L&D just to check my cervix and make sure I wasn't dilating more. I wasn't!! Still 2cm.
So they were just gonna watch me on the monitor for a bit and send me home. Thanks to the pericardia,  I only had a contraction about every 15-20 minutes! Just as they were going to release me I had a contraction that made Owens heart rate drop to 80, so they decided to keep me another hour to watch him. He didn't do it again but it still made me very nervous. The nurse was like "oh he probably just pinched his cord" and I'm thinking that is the worst thing she could say to me. People treat cord compression like it's no big thing,  and I guess maybe it's not most of the time but when you've lost a baby to a cord accident, ANY cord compression is a major deal!
I went home after a couple hours

No comments:

Post a Comment