Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The names are decided

Thanks for everyones input on the April vs Eden debate. After a lot of discussion with my Erik and opinions and votes from friends and family as well we have decided on

April Eden

to go with

Owen Derik

While I still LOVE the name Eden and prefer matchy matchy myself, there were some winning arguments that made me stick with April.

one person said Eden sounds like a naughty name and my husband agreed that it's "weird like a stripper" name. I disagree but don't want her dad thinking she has a stripper name.

Also we looked up trends for every year as far back as both names go. April has been around FOREVER and is falling in popularity but Eden has only been on record since 1986 and is rising quickly in popularity. My fear is that it will suddenly have a drastic increase and become a fad like Ava or Aiden. It's too unpredictable and April is a safe classic bet.

And the winning argument is that it sounds too much like Aiden and when I introduce my twins as Owen and Eden, people will think I said Aiden and think they are two boys and Aiden is so heavily used thatI don't like that it's so similar.

So, I will leave Eden as a middle name since I still think it's so pretty and love the meaning.

April Eden it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment