Friday, April 20, 2012

Owen and Eden

So last weekend we officially decided on Eden, well I guess you could say I officially decided and Erik said ok. He's said all along that I should use the name I like because I will be the one to regret it later if I don't but that he really doesn't care that much. He has said that if I ask his opinion, he likes April better but that he honestly hardly ever thinks about it and it's just not a big deal to him. The last action sequence he read in his dragon book is on his mind more often than the names of the babies. But I was kinda just waiting for him to eventually like the name better than April before I decided for sure.
On Sunday his mom finally gave her opinion and said that she liked Eden better because April holds meaning related to losing Brynn and she thought it might be a bit much to put on her that she's named after her dead sister that she never met and wasn't around for and that it fits better as a middle name. Using Eden for a first name would give her more of her own identity completely separate from Brynn. I agreed (mainly because it was in favor of my name ;-) ). I told Erik what his mom had said and I he just said "yeah"... "you can use Eden if you want, I've told you I'm fine with it" so I decided I'm going to. YAY! Now I've been calling them by name and it's so fun and cute.
I want to add that the name April is not directly being named "after" Brynn. It holds meaning for me... when I found out I was pregnant with Brynn and due in April I said "oh an April baby! Perfect. " I'd always thought it was such a beautiful time of year to have a baby and I was excited to have one. Well, I never got my April baby, but I like to think that God is returning her to me with Eden, so I will finally be getting my "April baby" AND April means "opening buds of spring" or "new life". To me it's like a new fresh beginning. It has a lot more meaning than just the month Brynn was due.

No comments:

Post a Comment