Monday, November 21, 2011

comfort

I called on your name, O Lord, from the depths of the pit; you heard my plea, 'Do not close your ear to my cry for help, but give me relief! You came near when I called on you; you said 'Do not fear!' - Lamentations 3:55-57

A falling leaf. On my first day back to work, as I was sitting at the computer charting a single leaf seemingly fell from the sky and slowly floated in front of my window for about 30 seconds until the wind finally swept it away. In some strange way, this brought me comfort. I'm not usually a "signs" kind of person, but the symbol the use for "loss" at shawnee mission was a falling leaf. Somehow I thought this leaf was some sort of symbol of hope that day. It was like Brynn saying "you'll see me again, I'm still here."

He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds - psalm 147:3

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life- proverbs 13:12

"I know the sun must set to rise"- song Paradise by Coldplay

I will continue to add to this list...






No comments:

Post a Comment